Hannah has been a consultant at Rocket Science since 2015. She has a strong interdisciplinary research background: she is confident in carrying out in-depth literature reviews; collating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data sets; interviewing key stakeholders; and writing clear and concise reports. Her experience covers a range of areas such as employability and skills, economic and urban regeneration and poverty and welfare.
Before joining Rocket Science, Hannah was completing an MSc in Urban Studies at the University College of London. UCL. For her dissertation she carried out research into the regeneration of Deptford High Street, focusing on the lived experience of local residents. Hannah volunteers regularly at FoodCycle events where she prepares and serves meals to vulnerable adults, and direct them to relevant support services.
Recent projects include:
- Evaluation of two grants offered by the Big Lottery – Supporting Change and Supporting Impact – to explore the potential of grant recipients to become more resilient and ultimately self-sustainable
- Review of the relationship between small businesses and schools. As part of this research Hannah carried out 40 telephone interviews and wrote a report that summarised the key findings and presented possible policy recommendations
- Evaluation of Heritage Lottery Fund’s Start-up Grants to assess whether the funded projects were able to achieve their desired outcomes
- Impact assessment of an Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) service in Haringey
- Evaluation of Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) in London. A key outcome of this research was to assess the place-shaping impact and potential of high street and town centre BIDs
- Review of the relationship between Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council and the local voluntary and community sector
- Evaluation of Local Trust’s learning and training support for Big Local areas. This involved carrying out focus group discussions with key stakeholders and producing case studies of two Big Local areas
- Review of City Bridge Trust’s Strategic Initiative on Philanthropy to evaluate the impact of the funded projects on a range of stakeholders.
- A re-design of Brighton and Hove’s City, Employment and Skills Plan for Brighton and Hove City Council
- Impact assessment of Shelter's BGET debt advice service.
- BA (Hons) in Geography, University of Cambridge
- MSc in Urban Studies, University College London.
- 020 7253 6289