Focused and practical I am passionate about improving the well-being of communities and individuals and know that you can create a win/win situation when it comes to designing and delivering services by helping to shift perspectives of commissioners, motivate and support people be meaningfully involved in driving social innovation.
I love to help people develop their own skills and capacity through training and facilitation so they can develop and own their solutions, as well as debunk theories and concepts to make them accessible to all. I do the odd bit of bid writing but enjoy wider business development and testing my own capacity for learning by taking the plunge into new technologies (not quite there yet)!"
Before joining Rocket Science in 2007, Caroline led business development for the public and third sector for Ci Research and j4b group based in Manchester, focusing on sustainable communities and childcare policy. This was after a six year stint running the first recruitment consultancy for regeneration and a training business and a further six years prior to this in employment and skills for a Training and Enterprise Council.
Recent projects include:
- VCS Assist providing one to one support around business development and strategy for VCS organisations and running capacity building workshops on impact, evaluation and communications
- Delivering a national programme of engagement and learning for the Village SOS programme which involves capturing learning and facilitating peer to peer learning for developing community and social enterprise in rural areas across the UK
- Managing a programme of research for the Heritage Lottery Fund to capture the learning from an investment fund to support the transition and resilience of heritage projects
- Evaluating the impact of £2 million employment and skills programme (funded through ESF) for the London Borough of Haringey
- Reviewing the relationship between the council and the voluntary and community sector for the London Borough of Waltham Forest - identifying spend and investment into the sector and a roadmap for future interactions and support
- Developing a new model of community capacity building for small deprived area to inspire community action and involvement in the design and delivery of public services
- Mayor’s Mentoring Programme supporting community organisations deliver an innovative and challenging programme of support to ‘at risk’ young black boys
- 020 7253 6289
Areas of Expertise
- Employment and Skills
- Civil society/third sector policy and development
- Poverty and Welfare
- Community Development
- Organisational support
- Design and delivery of research and evaluation projects (Theory of Change/Impact)
- Development of area strategies and plans
- Business development strategy
- Facilitation/Action learning/community consultations
- Design and delivery of training/tools